Pest Webzine

3 years after a very good debut album Mind Affliction are following up with a second full-length that advances on the same path as the opener but somehow settles things down and demonstrates the band's potential and maturity. Into the Void is made of 7 tracks totaling over 40 minutes of tight and technical Black Death Metal with a melodic edge all over, an album where the band doesn't explore other territories but decides to deepen their initial way: a brutal, technical, almost mathematic in precision Death Metal with Black Metal influences sprinkled here and there and as said earlier, a very tasty melodic edge that doesn't take away anything from the overall massiveness and brutality of the compositions. I've spinned this for 5 or 6 times and I promise you I'm discovering new thing with each new audition, it grows on me like a wild weed and I'm not sure if it's only my impression but I begin to understand the link between the cover artwork, album title and the music on this album, all of them sugest an abyssal, claustrophobic fall into a dark, unknown pit. A definite success for the Polish band, highly recommended by me.

9.5/10
Adrian (Pest Webzine)

object1205369700

total metal records logo

another side records logo

PNGLogo1

total metal pr agency logo

total metal distribution logo